Our Coaching Empowers
You at the Helm of Your Life
Your partner in achieving goals through personal enrichment and professional development
Make it a Good One Coaching and Consulting
Whether you are a seasoned C-suite leader or just beginning your career journey, Orit and her team can create an individualized partnership enabling you to achieve your goals.
The Make It a Good One Philosophy
As a certified coach, Orit’s work embraces the philosophy that to have a good life, you must make it a good life. Through her unique approach to empowerment coaching, each client gains insights from their experiences and challenges. She carefully guides clients as they identify their vision and create their roadmap toward achieving goals.
To enable success, this approach to coaching includes:
- Creating a non-judgmental, confidential space to vent and reinvent.
- Actively listening to what you say (or don’t) to help you hear it yourself.
- Engaging in honest, thought-provoking conversations.
- Providing a sounding board to achieve goals.
- Sharing resources and support to move forward.
- Offering accountability check-ins toward meeting objectives.
Our Coaching Process
The Discovery Session
A complimentary, 30-minute Zoom call to determine which coaching approach is the right fit for you.
The Exploration Session
After an intake questionnaire and agreement, this first session engages each new client in an in-depth, tailored interview to inform our work together.
Together, we will develop a plan of action to meet your goals during sessions of 45 to 60 minutes each. Session frequency varies though clients are requested to book three prepaid sessions at a time.
Coaching will empower you to commit to actions between sessions to foster insight and keep you working to achieve your goals.
Between sessions, 5- to 10-minute phone calls or unlimited emails or text exchanges Monday through Friday help address in-the-moment challenges, find quick insights or celebrate successes.
Coaching for Leaders, Executives and CEOs
Are you an experienced leader who wants to increase your impact? Our leadership coaching has proven to be a powerful tool to help those with a leadership title or those aspiring to a higher-level role.
To hone decision-making, and increase your influence and overall effectiveness, you can expect to gain these top skills and many more.
Eight Skills for Leaders without a title, Executives and CEOs You Will Hone
- Cultivate your leadership style and executive presence.
- Uncover your saboteurs and self-limiting behaviors.
- Create a compelling vision.
- Rally people around you in person or remotely.
- Grow your emotional intelligence.
- Enhance team performance, collaboration and spirit.
- Improve handling of conflict and misunderstandings.
- Create frameworks for managing stress, emotions and expectations.
Coaching for Professional Development
Are you jumpstarting your career? Are you feeling stuck, trapped or unfulfilled?
Our Coaching for Professional Development option offers resources to move forward at any career stage. We work with young adults looking for their first job or seeking meaning in their career, those looking to grow in the workplace, and mid-career individuals facing a transition.
To better understand your value and how to show up best in your work and life, you can expect to gain these top skills and many more.
Eight Skills for Professional Development You Will Hone
- Define success on your terms and move confidently toward your goals.
- Get support and resources for your job search and career development.
- Solve conflicts and have tricky conversations.
- Build a network of career opportunities and relationships.
- Exercise balance and manage life changes.
- Enhance confidence and self-esteem.
- Navigate workplace politics and culture with grace.
- Feel comfortable managing remote and hybrid work.
Nonprofit Leadership Coaching
Are you in a nonprofit leadership role with the need to refine your skills to maximize your impact on your community?
Through our Nonprofit Leadership Coaching option, we partner with you to map out organizational goals, clarify strategies and amplify your organization’s results.
To generate greater visibility within the community you serve, you can expect to gain these top skills and many more.
Eight Skills for Nonprofit Leadership Coaching You Will Hone
- Create an actionable mission, vision and strategic plan.
- Increase donor acquisition, level of giving and loyalty.
- Offer “wow factor” programs and events.
- Raise your ability to navigate sensitive political issues.
- Align your organization’s vision and mission with its practices.
- Attract, train, energize and retain volunteers and lay leaders.
- Support the growth and development of paid personnel.
- Engage your constituency and build loyalty to your cause.
Your People Your Solution Coaching in the Workplace
Are you a leader who wants to create a culture of success for your organization? Do you want to ensure your team feels valued, developed and fulfilled?
Through the Your People Your Solution approach, we partner with you to develop employees across your organization, including those without leadership titles. This solution enables your people to develop the skills to improve the organization’s performance.
To better prepare your team for current and future challenges, Orit and Eric Lasrsen co-founded Your People Your Solution with an approach will transform your work culture.
Eight reasons to embrace workplace coaching
- Bring the value of executive coaching to a broader group of employees through an affordable structured program.
- Send an unmistakable message to your employees that they are valued.
- Provide employees with the benefit of career and personal growth.
- Enact change through proven executive coaching concepts and practices.
- Create a safe, judgment-free zone for honest interactions.
- Connect with an expert to handle the structural aspects of announcing, managing and running the program.
- Address small problems within team dynamics before they become big ones.
- Positively impact employees’ lives beyond work.
Additional Coaching Services
Orit also offers the following coaching services:
- Business development to create long-term value for your organization
- Life, self-development and executive function coaching to develop life skills with a certified coach and learning specialist
- Vent and reinvent coaching to address immediate stressors
- Topic-specific workshops on tricky conversations, brainstorming, leading meetings and more
- 360-degree reviews to comprehensively evaluate performance and review progress toward annual goals.
- Relocation coaching to establish new networks and explore new horizons
Vent and reinvent to move forward — Chief Talent Officer, Managing Director
“Working with Orit gave me an entirely new framework and paradigm for decision-making in my career that is quickly also spilling over into other areas of my life. Her signature ‘vent and reinvent’ methodology enabled me to express myself, take a breath and then figure out how to move forward in a positive way. She is a skilled and thoughtful coach and listener who is always kind but never scared to address difficult topics. I’m so happy I invested the time and money in her services. Orit truly changed the way I approach my career, and my life.” — Elizabeth Fisher, Chief Talent Officer and Managing Director
Reflect and move toward goals – Duke University Professor
“We all want a coach who understands where we come from and can help us get to where we envision going. Drawing on a very broad base of experience — ranging from technical business environments to nonprofit settings and across an array of cultures — Orit is a coach you can rely on to push and support you as you reflect on your situation and move toward your goals. She has successfully helped CEOs, middle managers and younger employees become more aware and achieve more than they thought possible. Those who have worked with her literally glow when they talk about how she connected with them and was able to work with them to pursue challenges they face.” — Sim Sitkin, Duke University Michael W. Krzyzewski University Professor of Leadership
Get vital feedback – Vice President of Operations
“When working with Orit, you immediately feel a connection to her and can sense that her goal is to make you as successful as you can be. She isn’t afraid to give feedback that others might be hesitant to share with an executive, and the further you advance in your career, the more vital that type of feedback truly is.” — Ellen Dobbs, Vice President of Operations, Easy Auto
Great listener, very accessible — Education Director
“Orit was a great help to me when I was in between jobs and then throughout my first year of my new job. Orit is a great listener, and offers practical tools and suggestions to move one forward in their career. She is very accessible and quick to respond to her clients.” — Helene Kornsgold, Director of Congregational Education, Temple Israel
Helpful insights into human nature — Author
“Orit is a joy to work with, as she is so kind and gracious, and her insights into human nature are extremely helpful. I enthusiastically recommend her as a guide on any project involving human relations.” — William Berkson, author and philosopher
Wise counsel with compassion — Foundation President and CEO
“I have worked with Orit during my past 10 years as a nonprofit leader. She has given me countless hours of wise counsel, has always shown compassion and has not been afraid to give me honest feedback and constructive criticism. It has shaped my leadership in so many positive ways.” — Lori O’Keefe, President and CEO, Triangle Community Foundation
Invaluable insights on fundraising — Associate Director of Major Gifts
“Optimism, strategies, ideas, collaboration, guidance, expertise: There is no such phrase as ‘we can’t’ when working with Orit. She is a never-ending source of reasons why ‘we can.’ Orit worked with our nonprofit campaign committee to develop a comprehensive strategy. Her past expertise in this area was invaluable in providing ideas, techniques and advice on how to change our approach in order to achieve success. We met our campaign goal and learned much more about how to plan a fundraising campaign.” — Denise Carson, Associate Director of Major Gifts, Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business
Enthusiastic and total commitment -Community and Bussiness Leader
“Total commitment. This is what you get with Orit whether she is your coach, colleague, friend or partner on a journey through a mission. I have had the wonderful pleasure of calling Orit a co-collaborator and friend for over 20 years when she first drew me in as a willing participant helping to build our small Jewish community in Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina. With Orit, there was never a question of whether we could do something; rather, it was how we would do something — in our case, raise $7.5M dollars to build a brand new Jewish Community Center and completely redefine our community. Orit is dedicated, enthusiastic and truly a student of the ‘art of the possible!’” — Matt Springer, LLC Principal, Madrock Advisors
To find out more about these offerings and which coaching packages might be best for you, contact us today to set up an introductory call.